How to add or amend your business details
To add your business:
1) Register with Malmesbury.com. Only If you are a registered member can you edit your details.
2) Login to the Website.
3) Click on the "My Account" button, located at the top of the Webpage.
(Alternatively click on this URL address: http://www.malmesbury.com/my-account.html)
4) You will see a list of options of things to do in your account, for now you just want to click on the name "To add your business listing: Click here".
(Alternatively click on this URL address: http://www.malmesbury.com/malmesbury-directory/add.html)
5) At the top of the Web Listing page you will see a button called "Change category", click on that button, and a drop down menu will display a list of master directory names. Select the name you feel is appropriate for you business. Now select the sub category, that is more relevant to you business, and click on it.
A good example on how this process works is, if I was setting up a new clothes shop i would do the following:
- Select the change category button.
- In the master category list, select shops.
- In the sub category list, select clothes shops.
You have now selected the appropriate category for your business. Please continue reading on how to successfully enter you business details in the remaining sections.
6) Enter the name of your business, in the name section.
7) Enter a description of your business, or any other information you feel is appropriate, in the Description Section.
8) Enter the address and contact details for your business.
9) Enter an e-mail address for you business. Don't worry if you don't have one, leave this section blank.
10) Enter a website address for your business, but please put the full URL address to avoid any broken web links.
- www.malmesbury.com (Try to avoid entering the web link this way)
- http://www.malmesbury.com/ (Try to enter you website details this way)
If you don't have a website address leave this section blank.
11) Once you have entered as much information as you can about your business please click on the SUBMIT button.
12) Please allow 24 hours (or less) for our moderators to check the listing.
What to do if your business is already listed:
Don't worry there is no need to add it again, just follow this simple Step-by-Step guide on how to claim you business listing.
1) Register with Malmesbury.com. Only if you are a registered member can you edit your details.
2) Login to the Website.
3) Browse to the category where your business is listed, or type the name of your business into the search box.
4) Once you have located your business, click on the name of your company. You will now see different options inside a grey box. Please click on the link named CLAIM.
5) Once you have clicked on the claim link a new window will appear asking you to type a message. You can make this as long or short as you like, but please keep the message relevant to your business so that the moderators can authenticate your claim.
6) Click the button labelled CLAIM LISTING.
7) Please allow 24 hours (or less) for our moderators to check the claim. We have an authentication process, which will confirm that you are the owner of the business. After the business has been authenticated as yours, we will move it onto your account, where you can add / amend / remove your details.